[Debian-hebrew-package] [svn] r556 - pkg/user-he/trunk/scripts

Lior Kaplan kaplan at debian.org
Tue Apr 24 20:41:59 UTC 2007

Baruch Even wrote:
> * kobi zamir <kobi.zamir at gmail.com> [070424 19:49]:
>>> This change should be removed when gnome-panel 2.8.1 hits testing...
>> it should be removed when gnome-panel > 2.18.x it hits stable,
>> we need the old code for gnome-panel < 2.18 , and it will be in stable ?
>
> If 2.18 is in unstable we can have the script use this feature
> unconditionally and make user-he depend on gnome-panel > 2.18, this way
> it will migrate to testing with the gnome-panel it needs and in due time
> will become stable.

We can't have user-he depend on gnome-panel, as the package should be
installable without any gnome components (e.g. KDE based desktops).

That's the reason I suggest to manually track gnome-panel.

kobi, we should document that this feature works from 2.18.1 onward, in
case we want to backport something back to Etch. but no need to keep the
code for that after gnome-panel 2.18.1 enters testing.

--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan at debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0