[Debian-hebrew-package] הכנסת libhdate-glib למאגרי דביאן

Boruch Baum boruch_baum at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 16:51:22 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I'm deprecating my use of yahoo mail, in favor of gmx.com (IMAP support + !google + aliasing + etc ). Please update your address books to boruch_baum at gmx.com. I've been using gmx for over six months now and have been very happy with it.

The next release of libhdate (v1.8), in development, will feature more display options, auto daylight-savings-time awareness, easier date entry options, auto-coordinates for ~420 cities in the OS timezone database (picked off /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab or its equivalent), and more zmanim.

As an example of the display options, hcal in v1.8 can display a Hebrew calendar only (just like cal display a gregorian one only), a Hebrew month with the gregorian dates secondary to it, or as in prior versions, a gregorian month with the Heberw dates secondary.

Most of the features have been completed and are already working, and the development version is available on sourceforge via svn. All new features have already been documented in the man pages.

kol tuv.