[Debian-hebrew-package] Please consider waiting for aspell fixing #772415 before uploading new aspell dictionaries

Agustin Martin agmartin at debian.org
Mon Apr 27 17:40:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 01:18:49PM +0100, Agustin Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing to warn aspell dict maintainers (aspell dict packages bcc'ed,
> sorry for the dups) about a problem we noticed in current jessie aspell.
> This problem is not RC, so a fixed aspell will not go into jessie, but
> will be uploaded after the release.
>
> In summary, if your aspell dictionary builds and installs directly from
> official aspell dict sources (directly or indirectly via debhelper
> dh_aspell sequence), please wait for aspell fixing #772415 before uploading
> new versions of the package.

Hi all, dict-common-dev subscribers and bcc'ed aspell dicts maintainers,

aspell 0.60.7~20110707-3 with above fixes has already been uploaded to sid.
Since it has been there for more than 40 days with no further problems I
assume the problem is fixed and aspell dicts can be built against it
without problems.

Feel free to do that, jessie has been released.

Thanks a lot for your patience,

Best regards,

--
Agustin