[Debian-np-devel] reviving debian-np

Vagrant Cascadian debian-np-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:34:02 -0700

--rJwd6BRFiFCcLxzm

so it seems to me that debian-np has kind of stalled out for the moment.

i'm wondering what can be done to re-invigorate development... especially w=
ith
the release of sarge coming relatively soon (hah!), it would seem like a go=
od
time to build a decent debian-np distro based on a stable debian
distribution...

every week, someone asks me about the status of debian-np.  and i don't rea=
lly
have much to say...

today, i glanced at the subversion repository to explore the possibility of
re-building the CD image, and couldn't really wrap my head around much of
anything.  a lot of the documentation says "install the version of package X
=66rom unstable" and there's no real way to know if the version that's now =
in
sarge is current enough...

perhaps we could have an irc meeting sometime soonish to discuss some ideas,
re-orient ourselves with the technologies we explored during debconf, and
possibly see what new technologies have come about in the last few months t=
hat
might be useful for debian-np.

do folks have energy to carry this through?

freegeek is in the process of developing a new freekbox distribution, and it
might be useful for debian-np to work closely with freegeek to develop a go=
od
base for a workstation install... (energy from debian-np might also work we=
ll
towards invigorating the freekbox development as well).

i'm settling into a new home, and have just started getting my development
environment into place with a couple machines to test installs on. =20

i'd like to put some energy into debian-np but don't really have much idea
where to start working...

live well,
  vagrant

--rJwd6BRFiFCcLxzm