[Debian-olpc-devel] Join Debian olpc project

Hero_xbd!.RRR heroxbd at 163.com
Thu Jul 12 08:34:18 UTC 2007

Hi, everybody!

Self-intro:

I am a Chinese university undergraduate major in natural science.
I am interested in OLPC, and want to contribute, and familiar with
Debian, so I want to join the debian-olpc.

Background:

Debian experience since 2003, the age of Woody.
Played with LFS.
Playing with emdebian.
Trying out Debian-science packages for scientific consideration.

Plan:

I want to help make a CCD more friendly to OLPC, and help make Debian a
convenient developing environment for OLPC.
I also want to custom OLPC as a "Scientific Assistant", optimized for
running some Computer Algebra System and Numerical package, which may be
helpful for science studying and researching.
Participate in other sub-projects of this list.

Hosting:

I can provide some http/ftp hosting/mirroring service in my university.
But I am afraid the our IPv4 network is restrained within China
Mainland. The IPv6 network may accept connection internationally.

I have posted my request for an OLPC test board on
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/OLPC .

Thank you, best wishes to all.

--
Xu, Benda (续本达)

Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China

http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177/index.html
http://166.111.26.3/MyWiki/heroxbd