[Debian-olpc-devel] Status of Debian OLPC

Lincoln Quirk lincoln at techhouse.org
Tue May 15 21:21:07 UTC 2007

I've been futzing with getting a sugar environment installed on my PPC
Debian laptop, and it's been the hugest pain. I've gotten a lot of
packages installed through apt (rather than using jhbuild for everything
-- my machine compiles rather slowly).

I've been moderately successful, but the notable package that I'm having
trouble with is Mozilla. I can't seem to convince Sugar to build against
the libxul-dev packages in Debian. (So right now I'm waiting for the
compile -- it's taken a few hours now)

Anyone having success? I have been manually resolving jhbuild
dependencies by installing the correct package through aptitude and
adding --skip to the command line. That seems like a really poor
solution overall, so I hope this project exists to provide something
better.

There seems to be little activity on this project; is anyone finding
anything?

Lincoln Quirk