[Debian-olpc-devel] Status of Debian OLPC

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:01:05 UTC 2007

Hi everyone:

If you have questions about jhbuild+sugar you can  subscribe to the sugar
list:

talking about the objectives of the project.:

-Packaging all the libraries etc to run sugar and that are not in debian.
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/OLPC/packages
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/OLPC/packagesEtchAuto

-Running debian-kernel base in the machine ??? and then building sugar over
it..

On 5/16/07, Anton < anton.borisov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 May 2007 17:21:07 -0400
> Lincoln Quirk < lincoln at techhouse.org> wrote:
>
> > I've been futzing with getting a sugar environment installed on my PPC
> > Debian laptop, and it's been the hugest pain. I've gotten a lot of
> > packages installed through apt (rather than using jhbuild for everything
> > -- my machine compiles rather slowly).
> >
> > I've been moderately successful, but the notable package that I'm having
>
> > trouble with is Mozilla. I can't seem to convince Sugar to build against
> > the libxul-dev packages in Debian. (So right now I'm waiting for the
> > compile -- it's taken a few hours now)
> >
> > Anyone having success? I have been manually resolving jhbuild
> > dependencies by installing the correct package through aptitude and
> > adding --skip to the command line. That seems like a really poor
> > solution overall, so I hope this project exists to provide something
> > better.
> >
> > There seems to be little activity on this project; is anyone finding
> > anything?
>
>         Lincoln, you're the first, who starts messaging for this list.
>
> Me personally, awaiting for other subscribers to at least write down the
> goals
> of this project. And what we all finally expect after all.
>
> Thanks.

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero
OLPC Colombia
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Colombia