[Debian-olpc-devel] Fwd: sugar

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at edu.juntaextremadura.net
Wed Apr 2 14:24:17 UTC 2008

El mié, 02-04-2008 a las 11:25 +0300, Jani Monoses escribió:
> Thanks for the clarifications José!
>
> In Ubuntu, squeak is in multiverse - the non-free arhive component so
> dfsg is not an issue for it.

Ok

> I know etoys is not dependent on sugar, but for sugar they have an
> activity that wraps and calls etoys.

Right, so when the olpc image is in Debian and the squeak-vm get the
dbus plugin (I plan to add it soon, after squeak-vm hits lenny), it will
be done.

> It looks like that is the only thing that needs doing by the olpc
> team, the rest is pure squeak.

ok, I didn't know it. It's obvious that wrapper is a sugar business
then. If any help or collaboration is needed from me, don't hesitate in
ask for it. Maybe in the future I could help much more with this project
and do it myself.

> I am Cc-ing the Edubuntu developer who took care of Squeak in Ubuntu
> just to keep him posted even though he is busy too (Hi Jordan!)

Perfect.

> Jani
>
> PS: as I am not subscribed to debian-olpc-devel please keep me in the
> cc as well in future posts. Thanks.

Best regards.
José L.