[Debian-olpc-devel] Failure calling git-buildpackage

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Dec 3 23:43:29 UTC 2008

You can strip the last part: http://wiki.debian.org/Sugar

>However when I called git-buildpackage I got the following error:
>> Now signing changes and any dsc files...
>>  signfile sugar-base_0.82.2-3.dsc Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>
>> gpg: skipped "Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>": secret key not available
>> gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available
>> debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
>> debuild: fatal error at line 1240:
>> running debsign failed
>> debuild -i\.git/ -I.git returned 29
>> Couldn't run 'debuild -i\.git/ -I.git'
>
>Has one to add "-us -uc" in order not to sign the packages (analog to
>make- kpkg)? At least it worked for me.

The proper approach is to create an additional changelog entry with
yourself as author.

Here's the command I use to create unofficial packages:

dch -D jonas -l ~0jones --force-distribution "Unofficial build..."

Above is for simple rebuilds without additional changes: the version is
kept right below the official version so that if I later upgrade the
official version replaces my unofficial one. For packages with hacks
added, I use the following slightly different command:

dch -D jonas -l .0.0jones --force-distribution "Unofficial build..."

This versions the local package right above official one, but below any
newer one - including NMUs.

Replace "jones" with a hint of your own - to distinguish your unofficial
packages from mine (should you ever want to mix with stuff from
http://debian.jones.dk/ ).

If it doesn't put your name and email in the changelog entry, then you
may have to add some or all of the below (adapted, off course) to your
.bashrc:

export DEBFULLNAME="Jonas Smedegaard"
export DEBUSER="js"
export EMAIL="dr at jones.dk"
export REPLYTO="${EMAIL}"
export DEBEMAIL="${EMAIL}"
export KMAINT="${DEBFULLNAME}"
export KEMAIL="${EMAIL}"
export KPKG_MAINTAINER="${DEBFULLNAME}"
export KPKG_EMAIL="${EMAIL}"

>If this is the correct solution, I am happy to update the wik if you do not
>mind.

It's a wiki: Please adjust as you see fit.

I prefer if you update to properly add local changelog entry instead of
documenting how to ignore the author field of existing entry. But it's a
wiki - even ugly info is allowed there ;-)

  - Jonas

- --