[Debian-olpc-devel] CDBS and autoconf question

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 11:24:18 UTC 2008

Hi Jonas

Background: Sugar 0.82 has Network Manager 0.6 support. Ubuntu 8.10
has NM 0.7. There are upstream patches (unreleased) for sugar,
sugar-base and sugar-presence-service to switch to NM 0.7 support.

I've applied these patches to the appropriate packages for testing on
Ubuntu, but I've run into the following problem: The upstream patches
for sugar and sugar-base touch, for example, several Makefile.am, but
not the corresponding Makefile.in since that is autogenerated.

There must be a way to make CDBS do that, but I couldn't find a
well-enough documented way to do it. I resorted to making a very ugly
patch to apply after the upstream patch, which patches all the
appropriate Makefile.in files.

Any better way to do it?

Regards
Morgan