[Debian-olpc-devel] inactive OLPC team

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Jul 8 11:47:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 06:37:47PM +0800, Hero_xbd!.RRR wrote:
>Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> I am very happy to learn that the OLPC team is active in _any_ area,
>> not only Sugar packaging.
>>
>> Please advertise activities to this mailinglist to make all our
>> activities more visible to ourselves and to the world.

>Well I am working on porting pyCAS to Sugar.

Sounds very interesting!

This list is mainly about developing _packaging_ of OLPC-related
software.

When you are developing OLPC-related _software_, it is probably better
to promote it at http://dev.laptop.org/ somewhere (it's a wiki), and to
some laptop.org mailinglist.

Or, if your software is tied to the Sugar GUI used on the OLPC, and is
therefore relevant also for non-OLPC Sugar uses, then you are probably
better off promoting your work at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/ somewhere
(yes, that's a wiki too).

>But I am using standard Debian system in B4, reporting bugs whenever
>encountered.

Great.  And sorry if we are slow at responding to your bugs - feel free
to "ping" us (post a short "hello - did anyone see this?" to the
bugreport) if you feel a bugreport is being ignored/overlooked for too
long. :-)

>Suggestions: OLPC have no external VGA/DVI interface. So presenting
>using OLPC needs VNC or similar. But VNC is for "remote control", and
>is not well suited.
>Maybe we can fire up a project doing "reverse VNC" or "Vritual video
>card", to make a server daemon the can serve OLPC(sure other clients)
>to remote display, transparently.

I believe such suggestion is better posted at some laptop.org
mailinglist (and I seem to recall that something of that kind has been
discussed already, so try Googling first...).

Kind regards,

Jonas

- --