[Debian-olpc-devel] Status of core packaging

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Mar 22 21:33:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 03:58:10PM -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> I recommend you Pull the Git of that package and use the debian
>> subdir as template for other actitivies:
>>
>>   git git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/sugar-journal-activity.git
>>

>Only for clarification is
>

>> git-clone  git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/sugar-
>> journal-activity.git

You are right - I forgot the "clone" part.

The dash is discouraged, and the extension is unneeded with git and
git+ssh protocols (as opposed to rsync and html), so the even more
correct command is this:

git clone git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/sugar-journal-activity

>> Thanks for the tip.

>> Agree with the general status of things

Great to see you not using TOFU[1]

But please distinguish between quoting and commenting: Quotes are
usually (and in your mailer too) prepended with ">", so add your
comments as lines _without_ that same indicator (and with an empty line
between quote and comment, to help stupid mailers differentiate).  That
way your comments stand out as is thus more likely to be read.

...and please don't cc me personally when writing to the list: I am
subscribed.  I don't know Gmail, but cehck if it has a "Reply to list"
and alternative to the normal "Reply to sender" and "Reply to all"
actions.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOFU