[Debian-olpc-devel] Jhbuild error

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-debian-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Sat Apr 11 09:44:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 07:19:59PM -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero
wrote:

> i'm going to fill the bug upstream, anyway maybe we have to concider
> to have
> write rights to sugar-jhbuild or do a branch for
> sugar-jhbuild-debian..
That shouldn't be necessary. I'm using on Debian myself (on nearly all
of my physical hosts) and regularly test on Debian+Ubuntu VMs. In fact,
sugar-jhbuild is currently _better_ supported on Debian than on Fedora.
If you find a bug, please file it at dev.sugarlabs.org (as you've done
this time). Even if it turns out to be an upstream bug (as was the case
several times now), I will usually file it upstream and keep the SL one
open, instead of closing it as "not my problem".

Re. info-slicer, there were two reasons I added it even though there's
no package available:
1. So you don't miss it
2. because it seemed it'll enter Debian proper rather soon (so
rebuilding from Ubuntu or fetching from Jonas is fine as an interim
measure).

If the latter part isn't true (I don't know the half-life of the NEW
queue), I can add it as a source package in jhbuild (that gets used on
systems where info-slicer isn't available from the distro, i.e. just
Debian). Otherwise, I'll add information on where to get info-slicer to
the wiki page.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/