[Debian-olpc-devel] Status of the Sugar packaging in Debian/Ubuntu

Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals siegfried at gevatter.com
Thu Dec 10 15:33:13 UTC 2009

Hello,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Siegfried Gevatter and I'm an
Ubuntu Developer and in Debian's NM process (other than that and some
little pet projects, I'm also a GNOME Member, mostly involved in
Zeitgeist).

Well, I've recently had the chance to meet some people of the Sugar
team, and one of the developers, David Farning (whom I'm CC'ing), has
asked me for help with getting Sugar into Ubuntu. As a strong believer
that such stuff should be done in Debian (to avoid duplicate work, get
it to more people, etc., but why am I telling you what you already
know :)) II wanted to ask you before doing anything what's the status
of the Sugar packaging in Debian and what we can do to help get it
rolling.

By the way, David has created quite some Sugar packages, which are
available at https://edge.launchpad.net/~sugarteam/+archive/0.86/+packages.
I haven't really looked at them yet nor at what Debian already has,
but I hope they'll serve as a starting point.

Regards,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3