[Debian-olpc-devel] Launchpad: Claim existing team

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Dec 30 03:12:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 08:35:59PM -0600, David Farning wrote:
>I am cross posting to both the sugarteam and debian-olpc list so we
>can establish workflows.
>
>On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 07:40:36PM -0600, David Farning wrote:
>>>
>>> I am merging this Launch Pad team with the ubuntu sugarteam so bug
>>> reports from the autosynced packages are handled correctly
>>
>> Hmm - does that mean that all Ubuntu bugreports end up at this
>> mailinglist?
>
>No, that was what I am trying to avoid.  All of the recently synced
>ubuntu packages were owned by an automatically created lp team named
>debian-olpc-devel.  All of the bug traffic would have been sent to
>this list by default.
>
>Now all of the bug traffic from the ubuntu packages will be sent first
>to the sugarteam for triage.

Ah.  Excellent.

Please do tell me if some similar arrangement is wanted for Debian bugs.
The Alioth list should be pleasant to subscribe to not only for Debian
developers but also for downstreams of Debian, who may not be interested
in tracking all Debian bugs (like I do not track all Sugarlabs bugs).

>> I am not sure if that's a good idea: I am currently subscribed to the
>> Ubuntu team list where I experienced the flow of Ubuntu bug mails,
>> and I must admit that I have been very close to unsubscribing due to
>> those mails being quite hard for me to follow.
>
>Yah, the ubuntu sugarteam bugs have been pretty ugly lately.  I
>personally couldn't convince myself to care about bugs reported
>against 0.84 packages which were rarely used:(  Now that we are all
>working on .88 again this situation should improve.

Actually Debian have only abandoned 0.82 so far: As currently laid out,
Squeeze will ship with both 0.84, 0.86 and 0.88.

>> If non-Debian folks feel similarly with the Debian bugreports,
>> perhaps we should separate the bugreports to distro-specific lists to
>> keep this list less noisy?
>
>I am setting up my personal workflow so that I have two VM for testing
>Sugar Packages. A Debian unstable VM and an Ubuntu VM.  This should
>allow me to verify that bugs reported against the ubuntu packages also
>exist in Debian before pushing them upstream.

Great!

 - Jonas