[Debian-olpc-devel] Backtraces while using sugar(-emulator)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-debian-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Tue Jan 13 18:40:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 08:05:47PM -0500, Luke Faraone wrote:

> That's odd, I was under the impression that -jhbuild was working for
> Lenny.
> I know that it works in Intrepid, I'm not sure about Hardy.
We just noticed (well, upstream put our nose on it ;) ) that we're using
the "old" repo (the instructions on the wiki were outdated, I've fixed
them now). Doing a fresh build now on hardy.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 02:07:05PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

>> Is Sugar really that broken? Somehow I cannot imagine all those kids
>> being so happy with it (as I get the impression from the mails posted
>> on the sugar development mailing lists) if it constantly breaks apart
>> for me...

So you're both suggesting that most of the bugs I'm hitting are in some
way or another Debian-specific? Then it would indeed seem to be best to
report it to Debian (and possibly upstream as well).

> To discover those bugs we need someone playing with the packages and
> reporting the bugs, which we have had little of until you came along.
I got quite frustrutated trying to get Sugar to work, but your positive
response is quite encouraging, thanks!

> Welcome - I sincerely hope you will flood us with any and all issues
> you stumble across.
You asked for it. :D

> This week I am attending the "XOCamp2" conference at the OLPC
> headquarters in Cambridge, US. In other words, I am sitting together
> with some of the core Sugar developers. So any bugs found and
> documented *NOW* I can pass on to them directly, face to face, in the
> next couple of days.
Great!

> Kind regards and, again, thanks for your efforts,
Thanks a lot for (both) your efforts, as well!

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/