[Debian-olpc-devel] Backtraces while using sugar(-emulator)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-debian-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Tue Jan 13 19:00:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 01:59:16PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Geek level: Squash bugs - which might (like here) include coordinate
> across distributions and with upstream if issue is more general or
> specific to (branch of) distribution(s).
That's the level I intend to work on.
Reported several hundred bugs in the past decade, both upstream and at
distro level. The results were quite mixed; everything from new releases
within minutes to personal attacks.
One thing I learned is that it depends a lot on the maintainer in
question. Reporting Gnome bugs at Gentoo isn't a good way to spend your
spare time, for instance.
Another one is that often for distros, anything else than packaging
mistakes are not their problem and especially nothing to be fixed in the
current stable version. Since the latest (i.e. unstable) version often
depends on other packages (or later versions thereof) not in stable,
this usually equates to "no support for the stable version".

Since you (as the Debian maintainer for Sugar) expressed interest in
those bugs, I'm going to provide reports to Debian (as well).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/