[Debian-olpc-devel] Anyone working on packaging sugar-turtleart-activity

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Mar 30 21:54:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

(trimmed some people who I know are subscribed to the lists...)

On Montag, 30. März 2009, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> If some of the people in this discussion want to produce a book on
> Debian packaging for Sugar (the whole world of Debian packaging is too
> big for one book), there would be three phases.

I'm actually not convinced this is sensible, as there is good documentation
how to package for debian (and ubuntu) and a trimmed down document would
either have to link to the "real documentation" or be incomplete... that
said, I would definitly cheers such efforts if the result is usuable, it's
just that I dont expect a shorter result and thus I'd just duplication of
existing work. But anyway, if someone has that itch to scratch, by all means
go!

Maybe the documents Jonas has started will become such a thing and I just dont
see it yet.

Anyway.

> Should we start with a Sugar project at alioth, in the Education
> section of the project tree?

Currently all sugar packages are part of the collab-maint project on alioth,
which has the nice advantage that any Debian developer is automatically a
member and can commit and non DDs can get access easily too.

I'd just suggest to change the structure, currently there is:

collab-maint/sugar-pippy
collab-maint/sugar-chat
and so on

to: