[Debian-olpc-devel] Sugar on OpenMoko Freerunner

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Nov 3 16:44:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,

[please follow-up only to sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org]

Not sure if this is news or not: Since thursday afternoon I have been
running Sucrose 0.86 (or the fraction of it packaged for Debian) on my
OpenMoko Freerunner.

The OpenMoko Freerunner is an ARM-based open-hardware smartphone.

I needed to temporarily hack the Sugar-toolkit library to not run the
initial what-is-your-name window in fullscreen, to allow a virtual
keyboard to appear - as the device have no interface for a real
keyboard.

Now I "just" need some sugarized phone, addressbook and GPS activities.

...oh, and also - unrelated to Sugar - I need to make the phone stack on
the device actually work: currently a dialog pops up to unlock my SIM
card but I still cannot receive or initiate phone calls. :-P

Kind regards,

  - Jonas