[Debian-olpc-devel] 'rainbow' uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Wed Nov 18 14:13:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 06:04, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> Please beware that the -O3 optimization was an *example* - my main point is
> to warn about relying on simple makefiles properly handling all the nitty
> gritty details required/recommended/encouraged to do in Debian.

 I checked the build logs. As part of the build,

dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
[...]
cc -std=gnu99 -fPIC -W -Wformat -Wall -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual
-Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wsign-compare -Wmissing-noreturn -Wextra
-Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -MMD -MP -g -O2 -g -Wall -O2
-c -o nss-rainbow.o nss-rainbow.c

It looks like the flags specified in nss/Makefile are being overridden by
CDBS to values compliant with Debian policy.

What else changed during build? Did distutils rules get invoked at all? If
> it did, where did it install its files (hint: probably somewhere below
> debian/tmp)?

Yes, in debian/tmp/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rainbow.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc