[Debian-olpc-devel] 'rainbow' uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Thu Nov 19 16:34:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 15:43, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> What is your opinion on the recommendation in §10.1?

If you're referring to DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, bug
260444<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=260444>among
others seemed to indicate that CDBS handled that.

 I see now that you are right - distutils.mk do not install into python-*
> packages.  And I remember why: The way I wrote distutils.mk in 2003 it
> installed into python-* packages, but that behaviour changed when extended
> (in a hurry, it felt to me) by others to support Python Policy v2. The
> original behaviour was kept in my local branch of distutils.mk forked to
> continue supporting both v1 and v2 (as v1 was broken by those changes too)
> and later improved to handle compilations for multiple versions of Python in
> same binary package. I use my own improved distutils.mk for all my Python
> packaging needs, so I forgot the brokenness (which is too late to fix by
> now) of the standard one.

Okay. Can I resume what I was doing before? (setting
DEB_PYTHON_MODULE_PACKAGES and adding install paths to
python-rainbow.install)

The scripts seem to not follow Debian Python Policy §1.3.2.

Fixed in patch 2001, git commit 99cfb9e.

> NSS library should probably be installed in /lib and only symlinked from
> /usr/lib similar to other NSS libraries.

I'm not really sure how to do that in. What would I put, in which rule?

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc