[Debian-olpc-devel] 'rainbow' uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-debian-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Mon Nov 30 20:15:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 01:23:11PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> You have chosen to package something complicated.  Which requires
> you(!)  to gain knowledge in complicated areas.  You can't just expect
> to mirror  work of others - even after the packaging is "done" you
> will need to  _maintain_ it, meaning that if later on problems are
> discovered (e.g.  lintian is tightened and it is discovered that you
> treat the code as a  shared library when it is a plugin) and you will
> have to understand  matters then to be able to act on bugreports.
Whoever ends up packaging and maintaining Rainbow, his/her work will be
greatly appreciated. I'm using Rainbow for quite some time now (entirely
outside of Sugar) and would like to install it on all of my computers -
without having to compile, install and update it myself on all of them
(4 different architectures, so no use compiling only on a single
machine).

Take this as a kind of "kudos" mail (like reportbug can send) before you
even finished the work. :)

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/