[Debian-olpc-devel] [Sugar-devel] Streamlining jhbuild

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Mon Apr 26 05:45:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 05:42:51PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> python-xklavier
>
>Ubuntu does not seem to have this packaged. Does the control panel
>applet for configuring the keyboard work in Debian and Ubuntu?

Correct, python-xklavier is in the process of getting packaged but is
not there.

No, I am pretty sure keyboard configuration does not work in Debian: I
did not actually test, but noticed in the code that it was so nice as to
gracefully handle a missing python-xklavier - so I simply relaxed that
package dependency until package enters Debian.

I do not use or properly understand Ubuntu so cannot speak about that.

> hulahop
>
>Ubuntu does not seem to have hulahop packaged. How does Browse manage
>to work without?

I can't speak for Ubuntu, but suspect that they too would benefit from
the offer of the Debian xulrunner developer to help cleanup the hulahop
code, which have been discussed in a separate thread here at
sugar-devel at .

Unfortunately noone has stepped up to work on that, and I fear that I
will have to give up and REMOVE BROWSE from next release of Debian.

Please someone help with that code cleanup!!

Kind regards,

  - Jonas