[Debian-olpc-devel] Fwd: [SPAM] Re: sugar-speak-activity and licensing of PyAIML

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Aug 16 00:12:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 11:44:23AM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> I would've suggested GPLv3 but it seems the author's original
> "license" and his intentions are more in line with BSD.
>
> I hope nobody takes abusive advantage of this (like improving it
> and not sharing back).

Improving and not sharing back is quite possible with GPL, provided
there is no distribution (or conveyance) of copies of a program to
recipients who are not the author of the improvement.  For example;

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DevelopChangesUnderNDA

But I'm glad the situation has been resolved.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/