[Debian-olpc-devel] maintaining squeak and friends

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Jan 26 12:36:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 08:07:50PM -0600, dfarning at gmail.com wrote:
>Jonas, I thought that I saw a bug report where you were offering to
>take over maintenance squeak and friends.

Yes, that's right.

A way to locate such bugreports is like this:

   1. Go to http://bugs.debian.org/ (redirects to actual page)
   2. Choose bugs "with mail from" and apply "dr at jones.dk"
   3. Execute search

At 2. you could also limit to bugs containing "squeak" but that might
fail, as in fact the bug was about etoys (if I recall correctly).
Instead I would skim or search (using "/" in Iceweasel/Firefox) the
output for relevant entries.

I could use some help prioritizing tasks, or simply collecting as a list
the many tasks that needs done (and which some of them I have already
raised my voice about intention to do).

Sure, I could also need help _doing_ those tasks, but lacking that it
would help me get the most out of my limited time if someone would
collect on a wiki.debian.org page the pending tasks and advertise that
list on this mailinglist.

>I would really like to sync into ubuntu from recent packages done by
>you before I dive into those bugs.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

>thanks for your hard work.

Likewise! :-)