[Debian-olpc-devel] Sponsorship / review request (multiple activities)

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Thu Jul 22 20:14:00 UTC 2010

Hi Luke,

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 01:34:02PM -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:

>A group of new developers from SEETA have been packaging new Sugar
>activities, as you've all seen from my reviews on the mailing list. A
>few of them are, in my opinion, ready for an upload. IANADD, so my
>opinion is the only thing I can provide :)
>
>The following activities / related libraries are finished to the best of
>my knowledge:
> * sugar-connect-activity v22
> * sugar-memorize-activity v34
> * sugar-poll-activity v26
> * sugar-physics-activity v4
> * python-elements v0.13 (s-physics-a dep)
> * python-box2d v2.0.2 (s-physics-a, s-pippy-a dep)
>
>Jonas and any other Debian Developers who are on the list: I would very
>much appreciate it if someone could take a look at them and provide
>feedback.

Great!  Thanks a lot for your contributions so far, SEETA people!

I am slowly working through my backlog of packaging work since my
theater job in Italy recently.  Please continue to remind me (and other
DDs) about these pending packagings until they get properly included in
Debian.

As you might have noticed, I have updated some of the core packages now.
I generally prioritize existing packages over new ones.  Not always,
just as a general rule: I am involved in maintaining 100+ packages but
will not rewuire all of those to be in perfect shape before looking at
these new ones :-)

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

P.S.

Perhaps some of you are wondering why I greet personally, while I
recently recommended against this.  I still recommend that when
*starting* a thread then avoid targeting a specific person (unless
really relevant - e.g. asking if someone is back from holiday, posting
to the list rather than privately for others in the team to get the
response too).  But when *responding* to a post it is obviously a
response to a specific person, so makes more sense to single out :-)