[Debian-olpc-devel] lintian warning: sugar-irc-activity

Manusheel Gupta manu at laptop.org
Wed Jul 28 06:49:25 UTC 2010

James,

Thanks for the pointers. Appreciate it.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 5:23 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> > it did removed warning , but in anycase it seems that this was not to
> > be used , please tell me.
>
> I'm unsure of your meaning.  I don't know if these files need to be +x,
> but my meagre research suggests not.  You should do functional test on
> the package to make sure you can connect to an IRC server and have a
> conversation.

It seems there was some issue with "find
debian/sugar-irc-activity/usr/share/sugar/activities/IRC.activity/purk/scripts/
-type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod a-x".

Functional test of the package is the right approach here. Ankur and Neeraj,
try having a conversation through this IRC package.

Regards,

Manu