[Debian-olpc-devel] lintian warning: sugar-irc-activity

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Wed Jul 28 15:41:50 UTC 2010

Hi Ankur, and others,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 08:29:57PM +0530, Ankur Khurana wrote:

>well i in earlier mail what i tried asking was that what i did was
>permissible or not , in the sense that there are some rules to be
>followed while testing and tweaking the package and in case i was
>violating any.This was more about asking permission rather asking if it
>will work or not.

Ah, ok. I understand now.

Your approach was good.

Also, Personally, I prefer that approach of being general, over the
alternative of explicitly state which files to change execute bit for
which someone else here on the list suggested.  But that is more style,
both approaches are sane and good.

>PS:- i will make sure that in future , if i edit any wiki entry , i
>will add commit message in future and i am sorry for the any

No need to be sorry - no harm done :-)

I was just slowly getting frustrated that noone commented on my requests
regarding adding comments to all commits, but apparently you continued
to not do it.

I mean, if only you'd responded (earlier, when I first asked about it)
that you did not want to do that (for whatever reason) then perhaps we
could simply agree to disagree.  I got frustrated about the silence: Did
not know if you had not seen my request or disagreed with it.

...so regarding your addition (lost above) worrying about being too
noisy on the list:  No no no - please be *more* noisy :-)

  - Jonas