[Debian-olpc-devel] lintian warning: sugar-irc-activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jul 28 23:32:23 UTC 2010

I've reviewed the Debian packaging git repository for the Sugar IRC
activity, thanks.

The removal of the execute bits is currently (as of hash 5e518f1) done
within the packaging git repository.

Thinking as a packager, I think it should be done in debian/rules ...
because the upstream source incorrectly has these bits set.  You can do
this now and complete packaging.

Thinking as upstream, I think it should be fixed in upstream.  You can't
do this as part of packaging role unless you are also upstream role.
There was no matching ticket.  Suggested patch attached to new Sugarlabs
ticket 2133.  http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2133  When this is
merged, your next packaging will be able to remove the change you had to
make to debian/rules.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/