[Debian-olpc-devel] Working with git and alioth

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Jun 30 09:47:26 UTC 2010

Hi David (and others),

A warm welcome to Dipankar, Neeraj and Kandarp!

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:15:34PM -0500, David Farning wrote:
>Jonas,

I recommend to address the list broadly whenever possible, rather than
single out one participant.  This, I believe, help shape a more
comfortable atmosphere for all.

I might be the one responding to most posts, but please encourage more
participants to speak up by not assuming ahead that I will be the one to
know the next answer too. :-)

>I just wanted to give you a heads up the the ubuntu-sugarteam has the
>basic .deb packaging skills so we are going to have 3 developers
>become familiar with the oplc-debian process:
>1. Packaging via a git branch - dipankar
>2. Packaging critical activities - neeraj
>3. Testing and pushing patches to debian - kandarp

Great news!  Welcome to you all!

>Luke is mentoring dipankar, and neeraj.  I will be mentoring kandarp.

Please all of you join both Alioth group and related mailinglist (those
of you who have not already done so), and try discuss most possible of
your work openly: You might then benefit from getting more help than
from your formal mentors, and our discussions might inspire others to
follow in your footsteps :-)

>We appreciate your patience.

And I appreciate yours :-)

Kind regards,