[Debian-olpc-devel] Status of sugar packages in Debian

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri May 25 10:00:35 UTC 2012

Hi Luca,

On 12-05-25 at 09:00am, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> 2011/10/19 Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>:
> > We briefly discussed this issue recently but I fail to locate it
> > now.  I seem to recall that we want to maintain 3 branches: 0.84
> > (well maintained upstream, indicating likely popularity among
> > deployments), the newest stable-in-Debian branch (0.88?) and newest
> > upstream stable release (0.94).
>
> (I'm also CCing FTP Team to keeping us in the loop to accept the
> packages).
>
> I just noticed some sugar-0.96 packages in NEW, and before processing
> them I'd like to discuss about the possibility of dropping some
> branches. Have you had the chance to discuss this issue?

I have now separately filed a ROM request for sugar-0.86, sugar-0.90 and
sugar-0.92.

Please approve sugar-0.96 ASAP as we would like to try to get that into
testing before the freeze, and if that succeeds we will consider
dropping sugar-0.88 too.

Thanks for your work, it is much appreciated,

 - Jonas