[Debian-pan-maintainers] Debian package of bornagain

picca picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Tue Sep 1 18:16:47 BST 2015

Hello,

to present myself, I am working at the SOLEIL synchrotron radiation facilities near Paris.
I am personaly in charge of the hkl Diffractometer library used at SOLEIL and also at PetraIII (P09 beamline)

We have started a packaging effort between SOLEIL, the ESRF and Desy in order to maintain our softwares [1] incide the Debian project.
this system is the default installed at the ESRf and at PetraIII.

some of our users discovered your software and would like to use it for there data analyzes.

This is why I am contacting you. I would like to know if you could provide an official Debian package (integrated into the main repository of Debian)
This would simplify and reduce a lot the cost of maintenance of your software in our instituts.
It means that more users could test it and mayb contribut back with bug report, ideas, ...

I already see that all third-party software are available in the official Debian/Ubuntu repository.
So the packaging effort would be really small.
the code seems to be GPL, so this is ok for integration into Debian.

If you need help, you can contact us by replying to this email or by sending an email to

 debian-pan-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org

thanks for considering this.

Frederic

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPAN