[Debian-pan-maintainers] packaging procedure

Sergi Blanch-Torné sergi at calcurco.cat
Sat Oct 31 12:57:47 GMT 2015

Hallo Fred,

How is your schedule about the ufo-core? I've been trying it again but
again stalled... As far as I've been reading the process would be as
simple as a few commands:
$ gbp clone
git+ssh://serguei-guest@git.debian.org/git/debian-pan/packages/ufo-core.git
&& cd ufo-core
$ uscan --download --verbose
$ gbp buildpackage

My summer try is not something from where continue because I did many
local changes with only the result of break the multiarch.

Anyway, the current status is an error that I can't understand:
> /usr/bin/m4:configure.ac:14: bad expression in eval:  +
And the content of this line is:
> m4_define([lt_cur], m4_eval(v_maj + v_min))
Line that look correct.

I've tried to compile the sources from the github's main project. This
line I've mention is also there, but the autogen.sh passes it. It show
another erro with macros AC_MSG_FAILURE and AC_MSG_WARN.

I've comment them to pass, to finally compile it with make. I did that
to be sure that there is no dependencies waiting to be discovered. And
there aren't.

I can compile the ufo-core branch v0.8.0 from github, but not build de
debian package. Aagghh!!

Thanks

/Sergi.

Ps: Sorry for the list. At some point we miss the copy to the list and
we didn't realize.