[Debian-pan-maintainers] PyTango packaging

Katleho Madisa kmadisa at ska.ac.za
Tue Aug 2 08:16:08 BST 2016

Hi,

We have been trying to build PyTango debian packages for Ubuntu based on
tango9, we found some debian config files on Allioth for PyTango8 and have
been trying to use those with some files tweaked a bit. We made a few
changes on the control file (replaced libtango8-dev build-dependency with
litango9) and kept the debian/rules file unmodified. However we haven't
been successful with it as we keep on getting errors every-time we tried
building pytango9 packages.

This is one of the errors:
*# install itango3*
*mv /home/kellermad/Documents/git/pytango/debian/tmp/usr/bin/itango
/home/kellermad/Documents/git/pytango/debian/tmp/usr/bin/itango3*
*mv: cannot stat
‘/home/kellermad/Documents/git/pytango/debian/tmp/usr/bin/itango’: No such
file or directory*
*make[1]: *** [install-python3.4] Error 1*
*make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kellermad/Documents/git/pytango'*
*make: *** [binary] Error 2*
*dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error *

We first tried to build the pytango debian packages using the 'tango9'
branch on github  We have been using the 'prepare-pytango9-release' and the
'tango9' branch sort of 'merged' just to make sure we have all the
necessary files. We just wanted to know if you might know what is it we
doing wrong and assist us with this. Is there something else that we need
to modify on the config files?

Kind regards,
K. Madisa

--
"*It is purpose that connects us*." - Agent Smith