[Debian-pan-maintainers] Packaging pytango 9.2.0

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Wed Aug 31 21:24:33 BST 2016

Hello,

first, nice work, I think that we are close of an upload :)

I builtit, but I I get this error now :)

reading sources... [100%] utilities

/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/doc/client_api/green.rst:18: WARNING: autodoc: failed to import function u'DeviceProxy' from module u'tango.futures'; the following exception was raised:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sphinx/ext/autodoc.py", line 519, in import_object
    __import__(self.modname)
  File "/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/.pybuild/pythonX.Y_2.7/build/tango/futures.py", line 35, in <module>
    check_requirements()
  File "/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/.pybuild/pythonX.Y_2.7/build/tango/futures.py", line 30, in check_requirements
    raise ImportError("No module named concurrent. You need to " \
ImportError: No module named concurrent. You need to install the futures backport module to have access to PyTango futures green mode

please add

python-concurrent.futures to the build-dep

It would be nice also if you could upsteam your patches via bug reports.

next step once these fixe are done.

wait for the official release of PyTango (Imean upload into pypi).

and  commit your workin the official pytango repository which is in the Debian-science repository.

If you want I will import directly your work in the repository via

gbp import-dsc, once you upload the final version into mentors.

I already rebuilt itango and it is great now the dependency is right out of the box.

can you refresh the itango package especially, the copyright file, create the ITP and target extperimental.

Thanks a lot for your work.

what is your plan for later, do you have other things to package and integrate into Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/... :))

Cheers

Fred