[Debian-ports-devel] aspcud resolver?

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Tue Sep 8 09:14:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 2015-09-07 20:05, Michael Cree wrote:
> I've just noticed builds failing on experimental with (from the
> daemon.log of one the Alpha buildds):
>
> $key: Invalid build-dependency resolver 'aspcud'
> Valid algorithms are 'apt', 'aptitude' and 'xapt'
> E: Error parsing command-line options
> I: Run “sbuild --help” to list usage example and all available options
>
> A new version of sbuild required?  Where would we get said version of
> sbuild?  (It's not in unstable by the looks.)

We are indeed currently experimenting using a new solver to build
experimental, as currently aptitude ends up using all the memory when
building haskell packages.

This feature has not been enabled in the unstable package yet, we will
include it if the tests are conclusive. You can fetch a package with
this support by using the repository from the official debian build
daemons:

  deb https://buildd.debian.org/apt/ jessie main

I have attached the corresponding GPG key to drop in
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/

Aurelien

aurelien at aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net