[Debian-ports-devel] FTBFS caused by fun with -fPIC/-fPIE

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Sat Nov 26 19:55:25 UTC 2016

John David Anglin dixit:

>Probably, we should build crtbeginT.o with -fPIC on hppa.  However, I didn't see that

On second thought, is that even wise? It’s supposed to be used
for statically linked executables, which is kinda the opposite
of PIC (though Musl allows static PIE).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Stéphane, I actually don’t block Googlemail, they’re just too utterly
stupid to successfully deliver to me (or anyone else using Greylisting