[Debian-ppc64-devel] broken packages : util-linux && coreutils

Michal Schmidt xschmi00 at stud.feec.vutbr.cz
Mon Jul 18 21:10:25 UTC 2005

denis r wrote:
> util-linux is broken : missing dmesg

I too have amd64 and the same problem. Also /sbin/getty is missing,
which is more serious for me. I tried compiling util-linux from the
source package. I noticed that all the utilities compile successfully,
but for some reason dmesg and getty were not put into the resulting
*.deb package.
After more investigation I found this in the package's debian/control :

ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM),linux)
[...]
BINFILES  += sys-utils/dmesg
SBINFILES += disk-utils/{blockdev,raw} mount/pivot_root login-utils/agetty
UBINFILES += disk-utils/fdformat
USBINFILES = sys-utils/readprofile disk-utils/elvtune # disk-utils/setfdprm
endif

So it only puts these utilities into the package if DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM
equals "linux". However, on my system it is "linux-gnu".
I don't know what's the proper way to fix it.

Michal