[Debian-ppc64-devel] Disabling frame buffer

Roberto Suarez Soto robe@allenta.com
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:37:07 +0200

On Jun/02, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:

> You need matrox fb support compiled in your kernel.

	Well, indeed, and besides at last I found the reason of the corruption
:-) It was the acceleration of text mode (?) of the Matrox card. Deactivating
it with fbset ("fbset -accel false") fixed everything. I'm yet to know how to
do it directly at boot, but for now I've put it in a init script to be loaded
at startup.

	And besides, I realized that I had commented out the ttys for some
obscure reason, and that's why it wasn't displaying anything besides the
penguins. Another mystery resolved :-)

--
	Roberto Suarez Soto				Allenta Consulting
	robe@allenta.com				   www.allenta.com