[Debian-ppc64-devel] Packages.gz with incorrect MD5 sums

Livio Soares livio@eecg.toronto.edu
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:31:55 -0400

  Howdy there!

  First of all, thanks a lot for the push on having a PPC64 port of Debian!

  I'm trying  to get debootstrap  working on an  old PPC64 machine we  have here
(currently installed  with Debian  powerpc). I'm running  into a  strange issue.
Some (not  all) of the  entries present in  the Packages.gz file  have incorrect
file  MD5  sum, and  sometimes  even file  size;  this  prohibits the  succesful
completion of deboostrap.

  Example of incorrect (or simply inconsistent) entries are:

libcap1
libgpg-error0
liblocale-gettext-perl

  BTW:  I'm trying to  debootstrap the  'sid' version,  but trying  'sarge' also
        resulted in similar errors.

  The command  used for bootstrapping  is the same  one suggested in  the README
file, found here: http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/READ_ME

  The precise error I get are along the lines of:

I: Validating libcap1
W: http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4/pool/main/libc/libcap/libcap1_1.10-14_ppc64.deb was corrupt
E: Couldn't download libcap1

  And if  you compare the available  information in the Packages  file, with the
actual md5sum, you will see the inconsistency...

  Am I goofing off somewhere?

  Cheers!

			Livio