[Debian-ppc64-devel] Boot CD for ppc64 on IBM OpenPower 710/720

Harald Görl harald.goerl@rz.uni-augsburg.de
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:58:53 +0200

Sven Luther schrieb:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 01:41:20PM +0200, Harald Görl wrote:
>
>>Hi list, Cajus.
>>I created a (very simple) boot cd for Debian ppc64 on IBM OpenPower. The
>>cd only contains the zImage.initrd, which also could be transfered via
>>tftp. There is also a readme file on the cd with some instructions how i
>>created the cd. The boot process on CHRP machines is "interesting".
>
> Ok.
 >
>>A test kernel (.deb) with the same .config is also available. The
>>cd/kernel is working for me, perhaps it could be helpful for somebody else.
>

> How do you built that .deb ?

Hi Sven, *.
I build this kernel just because i couldn't use the one from Cajus
(Matrox on physical partition). It was build using a compiler gcc-port
from Bastian Blank.

Again, this was only a testing kernel for me. I do not want to create
another Debian site with kernel/utilities. I think the cd is useful and
i thought publishing the kernel could also be useful for people with the
same machine configuration.

I think my kernel is not neccessary any more. Sven's kernel are working
perfectly and are built "Debian like", at least the one build from
"2005-06-13" on.

Anyway i hope the cd is not useless.

Yours,
Harald