[Debian-ppc64-devel] Problems installing debian-ppc64 on G5

Raśl de la Cruz Raśl de la Cruz
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:30:41 +0200

Hi Developers,

I am trying to install debian-ppc64 on a G5 but I am getting problems.
I am following the instructions available in READ_ME
(http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/READ_ME).

debootstrap call is getting me the following problem:

W: Failure trying to run: chroot //ppc64.chroot mount -t proc proc /proc

I have seen that my system is not able to execute 64-bit binaries in
/ppc64.chroot directory. I suppose that this is due my kernel is
32-bit compilation. And so debootstrap cannot continue.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem?

BTW, one ppc64 repository for debian is giving me errors also when I
try to update list with aptitude:

Err http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org unstable/main Packages
  404 Not Found

Thx in advance,
Regards!
    Copyright protects software. Patents protect software monopolies.
            -- NO to software patents (http://swpat.ffii.org)