[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: Debian Linux is running in a POWER5 IBM iSeries (i5) model 9406-520

Sven Luther sven.luther@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:22:58 +0200

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 05:26:00PM +0200, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> Am Montag, 27. Juni 2005 17:13 schrieb Sven Luther:

For a

> > > Yep.
> > > I added ibmvscsic to /etc/mkinitrd/modules
> > > run "dpkg-reconfigure kernel-image-2.6.11-pseries"
> > > and now it works.
> >
> > Cool, can you fill a bug against initrd-tools with this info, and ask=
ing
> > for ibmvscsic to be auto-detected ? I wonder what we need to be probe=
d to
> > detect that ibmscsic is needed ?
>=20
> ddetect/discover-rs6k.sh show how the detection works. I'm wondering wh=
y it
> is not inserted automatically for you. I didn't modify the initrd-tools=
 to=20
> have it loaded automatically after the installation.

Well, probably because he didn't use the installer, which is why it didn'=
work. initrd-tools needs to be fixed anyway.

Mmm, if i understand said code right, you are searching for a l-lan and v=
-scsi
named nodes in the OF tree, right ? You totally ignore device_type and
compatible though, and as i understood it, compatible should be the one u=
sed
for this kind of thing, oh well.

Can anyone of you post me a copy of your /proc/device-tree, privately and
compressed somewhere ?=20

Friendly,

Sven Luther