[Debian-ppc64-devel] How to start installation on an IBM i5 (power5).

Roberto Suarez Soto robe@allenta.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 10:15:08 +0200

On May/20, Sven Luther wrote:

> the pseries should work, have you tried the power4 32bit kernels ?

	No, I haven't, because I can't even make the box recognize the CD-ROM
as a bootable device. When I try to boot from it, it just goes "No operating
system installed". That's the problem: it's not that the kernel doesn't work,
but that the CD doesn't boot.

	Maybe I'm writing the CD in some wrong way. Does it need to be burnt
in any special way? I just used cdrecord plainly, but maybe I need to use some
special switch :-?

> > 	I'll have this box for some time, so if I can do any test to help,
> > just ask :-)
> Have you tried Cajus's stuff?

	I have no idea of what's that "Cajus' stuff" O:-) Where could I find
it?

--
	Roberto Suarez Soto				Allenta Consulting
	robe@allenta.com				   www.allenta.com