[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: How to start installation on an IBM power5

David Gaya David Gaya <david.gaya@gmail.com>
Wed, 25 May 2005 11:38:57 +0200

On 5/23/05, Cajus Pollmeier <cajus@debian.org> wrote:
> > I haven't finish yet, I have to work out booting from disk.
>=20
> On OpenPower this works quite perfect. Did you use the correct mirror lik=
> shown in the install.txt file? This would explain why your vscsi and veth
> devices are not detected and the bootloader doesn't install...
I read the install.txt and I used the correct mirror.
=20
> You've to use debian.gonicus.de/debian as the mirror - see 1.3.3.2.
I did. I would like to try 2.6.11 kernel. But I need the installation ramdi=
sk.=20
May I have your installation ramdisk alone (not embedded in a kernel) ?

Bytheway, I have compiled an ISO cd image that allows booting your
linux.bin from CD.
Is anybody interested ?
Is it worth putting it in debian.gonicus.de ?

Best regards,
David