[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: Package: installation-reports

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 9 11:06:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:56:48AM +0000, Frank van Berkel wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:32:09 +0100, Sven Luther wrote
>
> > Can you retry by creating the prep boot partition from the partman manual
> > interface (you go on some free space at the front of the disk, and chose
> > create a partition and then chose prep partition or whatever it is
> > called, instead of going to parted. ?
> >
> > We probably need both the /var/lib/cdebconf/* files and the
> > /proc/device-tree to solve this correctly.
>

> In partman I cannot find any option to Prep a partition the only option to
> Prep a partition is with parted.

It should be listed together with ext2/ext3/swap and so on.

Can you check if partman-prep is installed ? I think so because prep was
listed in your partman log, and this worked fine on my prep box. And the list
has :

XB-Subarchitecture: chrp_rs6k prep

are you sure you are chrp_rs6k, and not plain chrp ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther