[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: Package: installation-reports

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 15 18:04:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:15:24AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Please do not use the "installer" pseudo-package. Everyone who reassigns
> bugs from there to appropriate packages has better things they could be
> spending their time on.

Sorry, i meant debian-installer, and i thought installer was a shortcut to
that (maybe it should be made a shortcut even ?).

Anyway, contrary to what Colin believes, this was about the second issue,
which i was not sure what package was supposed to handle it, since i would
have guessed hw-detect, but Colin thinks discover1-data would have been best.
I am not sure, since i am not sure if the virtual scsi bus is exported via a
virtual pci bus or something else. I notice though that hw-detect is
supposedly doing some loading of the ibm virtual devices, so there is
something more fishy going on here.

I will not be able to do any kind of work on this until this WE or maybe even
two weeks on now, so i filed a bug report so this didn't get lost, but
apparently you guys not really care about other people (who are not paid to do
d-i work) being busy or making mistake, too bad.

> > >    - I was using a virtual cd for the install so the installer couldn't detect a valid cdrom.  I was able to execute a shell and load the ibmvscsic module and then everything went fine.
> >
> > Ah, interesting, ... Will see how this can be fixed.

This is the real issue.

Sven Luther