[Debian-ppc64-devel] Successful installation in an OpenPower 720 Express

Roberto Suarez Soto robe at allenta.com
Wed Sep 14 12:36:49 UTC 2005

On Sep/14, Sven Luther wrote:

> Would you be so kind, and test also :
>   http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc64/
> well, no CD isos yet, need to fix them, but you can easily enough use the
> netboot install.

	Ok. Can I load this via yaboot? Now that I have it working, I'm
sure it's easier than using netboot :-)

> Ah, these are no more to be used, i will remove that link. The etch/sid
> linux-image-2.6.12-1-powerpc64 kernels are the ones you need.

	Ok, downloading and testing right now.

> Official debian/etch should be just fine, you will also get the biarch
> toolchain that way, and the newer glibc with NPTLS support.

	Ok. I'll try an installation using the official mirrors. If
something fails, I'll post here.

> Can you provide lspci for this one ? Is it the same as the IBM serverraid ? If
> so, i didn't see any tool for them available, not sure though.

	Here you are:

0000:d0:01.0 RAID bus controller: Mylex Corporation Gemstone chipset SCSI controller (rev 04)
        Subsystem: IBM Dual Channel PCI-X U320 SCSI RAID Adapter
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, slow devsel, latency 144, IRQ 135
        BIST result: 00
        Memory at a0900000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
        Memory at a0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=8M]
        Expansion ROM at a0800000 [disabled] [size=1M]
        Capabilities: [40] PCI-X non-bridge device.
        Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable
-

	It's not a serverraid, as you can see. I'll use the hint of Martin
Alfke and see if we've got a CD-ROM to the end of configuring the card. I
didn't count on it because the OP came a bit naked, but maybe I overlooked
something. Thanks anyway.

--
	Roberto Suarez Soto				Allenta Consulting
	robe at allenta.com				   www.allenta.com