[Debian-ppc64-devel] Successful installation in an OpenPower 720 Express

Harald Görl harald.goerl at rz.uni-augsburg.de
Thu Sep 15 07:34:33 UTC 2005

Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 04:46:16PM +0200, Harald Görl wrote:
>
>>Doesn't seem to work without "-U". Perhaps it is a problem with the
>>filename "yaboot.conf" (8.3 notation, not 8.4 ;-) )? Bad news?
>
> Also, i was told that maybe -l would be enough, or -iso-level 2. Can you try
> both of them ?

Ok, tested both of them separately and --- good news --- both of them
are working.

Manpage of "mkisofs" say:

-l: [...] Use with caution.

-iso-level: [...] With  all  iso9660 levels from 1..3, all filenames are
restricted to upper case letters, numbers and the underscore (_). The
maximum filename length is restricted to 31 characters, the directory
nesting level is restricted to 8 and the maximum path length is limited
  to 255 characters. [...]

I would prefer "-iso-level", but does the content of the Debian CD "fit"
to "-iso-level" notation?

Great, thank you.

Harald