[Debian-ppc64-devel] problems with debian ppc64 on openpower710

Harald Görl harald.goerl at rz.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Sep 30 09:17:29 UTC 2005

Sven Luther wrote:
>>1. Standard ISO file doesn't work. That is already described in the bug
>>report #330636
>
> So, what is the problem now ? Is there some confusion somewhere about this ?
>
> I think this step worked fine for Matthew, since he was able to boot into
> yaboot automatically, so i wonder why it still fails for you.

Hi again,
it doesn't fail, it just doen't print out the "boot.msg" and doesn't use
the correct cd-device. So it is exactly working for me as Matthew
already described. The ISO-filesystem is correctly created of course.
Sorry for the confusion!

Sven, (and all the others): thank you all for a Debian cd which is
bootable on IBM CHRP boxes!

Harald